Best Free Dictionary

As I was writing an article this morning, I oftentimes clicked on a word to checked for an alternative words to use and to be sure I am using the right word. I accomplish this using one of the best free dictionary that I am very thankful for, the Wordweb. I was once amazed at the ease of use of this dictionary. When I first installed this application I was very impressed because I don't have to type the words on the dictionary itself, all I have to do is to press control key and right-click on the word and the dictionary will pop up with the meaning of the word(see the image below), isn't that neat? Its been more than a couple of years now since I installed this application, until now I never thought of replacing it.

Here is a snapshot of the dictionary:




Cnet which was always been the first site I go to when looking for a good free software put this dictionary number one on its category. As for me, I always recommend this software to my friends specially if I saw them using other dictionary.

I was wondering what the professional version is capable of. For the meantime I am very much contented with the free version that every time I formatted my computer, its one of the few software I'll install first, after the OS of course. (LOL)


To download the latest version of the Wordweb click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment